1. Mostly sunny with a high temperature of 73 degrees and humidity of 50 percent. Sunrise is 6:25 a.m., sunset is 7:04 p.m.
2. Municipal historian on New London history begins today. The series is free, but participants are asked to call the to register. The lecture begins at 7 p.m.
3. The public is invited to a lecture by today. Everett will discuss his work in the Amazon studying a hunter-gatherer tribe and the Pirahã language. This discussion starts at 4:15 p.m. at Room 14 in the Olin Science Center at .
4. Wondering what your drive into work is going to be like? Check the Commute section for the latest information on traffic conditions.
5. The groundbreaking for the Pentagon in Washington, D.C. took place on this day in 1941. The building was damaged in the 9/11 terrorist attacks on the same day 70 years later.