1. Mostly sunny today, with sunrise at 6:40 a.m. and sunset at 4:27 p.m. The high temperature reaches 52 degrees.
2. The African penguins at Mystic Aquarium pay a visit to New London today, stopping at the Rink at Parade Plaza. They’ll be there from 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
3. The Winter Farmers Market has returned to Fiddleheads Food Co-op for the colder season. Local food products and artisanal work will be available for purchase from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. each Saturday.
4. See something interesting around town? Take a photo or video and share it with the Pics & Clips gallery.
5. The explorer David Livingstone became the first European to see Victoria Falls, located on the Zambezi River between present day Zimbabwe and Zambia, on this day in 1855.