1. Mostly sunny with a high of 41 degrees today, but the nights remain freezing with an overnight low of 30 degrees. Sunrise is 6:48 a.m., sunset is 7:03 p.m.
2. VFW Post 189 hosts a pancake breakfast tomorrow morning at 8 a.m. Door prizes, a bake sale, and a visit from the Easter Bunny will be part of the fun. Tickets will be available at the door and are $7 for adults or $5 for children ages four to 12; kids under four are free.
3. Do you get creative with Peeps around Easter? Take part in the annual contest to see who can come up with the best creation. Head over to this article to find out more.
4. Get the rundown on the musical performances coming up in New London each Friday with The Sounds of New London. This column posts at 5 p.m.
5. William W. Holden became the first governor to be removed by impeachment on this day in 1871. Holden, the federally installed governor of North Carolina, was accused of overstepping his authority in declaring martial law in two counties where the Ku Klux Klan had been especially violent in recent years. After determining that the impeachment had been racially motivated, the North Carolina legislature granted Holden a posthumous pardon in 2011.