1. Well I can't say it was very accurate yesterday, but the prediction is once again for a mild sunny day with a high temperature of 44 degrees. Sunrise is 7:14 a.m., and the temperature drops to 30 degrees after the 4:38 p.m. sunset.
2. The Board of Education meets at 7 p.m. tonight at the Science and Technology Magnet High School to discuss their strategic operating plan. A roundtable conversation with parents precedes the meeting at 5:30 p.m.
3. One resident posted on our events calendar to let us know about a square dance event going on tonight at 300 State Street. Come up via the back staircase to listen to music from Dan Spurr and Liz Larson and learn how to dance with Jennifer Steckler. The music starts at 7 p.m., dancing at 8 p.m., and the suggested donation is $5 to $10.
4. New London Tube usually takes a look at what scenes from New London have made it onto YouTube in the past week or so, but today we’re going back 75 years. Check out this column tonight at 5 p.m.
5. The unofficial holiday of Peculiar People Day is today. Embrace your oddball qualities and other quirks and recognize those in others as part of the celebration.