1. Another mostly sunny day, with a temperature topping out at 44 degrees. Mostly cloudy with some showers possible overnight, with a low of 38 degrees. Sunrise is 7:11 a.m., sunset is 4:22 p.m.
2. Got a concern with parking in New London? The regular Parking Commission meeting takes place today at the conference room of the Water Street Parking Garage. This starts at 3 p.m.
3. The Habitat for Humanity of Southeastern Connecticut is selling cards, ornaments, and other holiday items to benefit the organization. Stop into the office to see what’s available.
4. Follow other holiday news with the Holidays section of the site.
5. Frank Capra’s It’s A Wonderful Life premiered on this day in 1946. It turns out the FBI could consider even this to be Communist propaganda since it has a mean banker in it but the film has endured as a Christmas classic, in part because a lapse of the copyright in the 1970s meant TV stations were able to show it without paying fees.