1. Autumn continues to put on a summery mask today as the temperature reaches 64 degrees during a sunny day. The day length slips below 11 hours with sunrise at 7:04 a.m. and sunset at 6:02 p.m.
2. The Lyman Allyn Art Museum brings in some special guests tonight for “Party with the Painting Penguins.” The Mystic Aquarium visits with their African penguins and non-toxic paints, which will be applied to the birds’ feet to create a unique piece of artwork. Reservations are capped at 50 for this 6:30 p.m. show, and the cost is $50.
3. The “Beyond the Bridges” workshops continue tonight with a discussion on the future of the Hodges Square district. This runs from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m. at the Winthrop School.
4. Quite a few New London residents are handy with the video camera, and some interesting scenes from around town end up on YouTube. A clip is selected each Thursday for a 5 p.m. feature in New London Tube.
5. The BBC is 90 years old today. The British Broadcasting Corporation was formed on this day in 1922.