1. A good chance of scattered storms during the day, declining to isolated thundershowers in the evening. The high temperature gets up to 79 degrees, while the humidity reaches 63 percent. Sunrise is 6:01 a.m., sunset is 7:43 p.m.
2. It’s the second day of the youth production with performances at 2 p.m. and 7 p.m. at . The show also runs on Sunday at these times if you can’t make it today. Admission is $12, $10 for students and seniors, and $8 per person for groups of five or more.
3. It’s your last chance to check out the series in today. All of the participating artists come together for a of activities between 10 a.m. and 4 p.m.
4. Have an open house or special gathering you want people to know about? Add it to our events calendar; it’s free and easy!
5. James Meredith earned a bachelor’s degree from the University of Mississippi on this day, becoming the first black man to graduate from the school. Meredith overcame numerous obstacles to earn the degree, including an effort by the state’s governor and other segregationists to refuse to let him register for classes.