1. Partly cloudy today, with clouds again increasing in the evening with an increasing chance of showers and thundershowers. The high temperature is 74 degrees, sunrise is 5:15 a.m., and sunset is 8:21 p.m.
2. OpSail 2012 is about a month away, and organizers are hoping to get a good pool of volunteers. Anyone interested in greeting buses, helping with parking, historical interpretation, hospitality, or any one of a number of tasks is invited to an informational and training session running from 8:30 a.m. to noon today at .
3. It’s ! That means you can get free admission at, well, every single historic site in New London. See what’s open, when it’s open, and what other perks are offered in the linked announcement.
4. There’s a tiny brick building on Bank Street that’s been vacant since a 2010 fire. We’re wondering what you’d like to see there, and are seeking your input with today’s Fill The Spot. This posts at noon.
5. A fellow by the name of Uzi Hitman was born on this day in 1952. Did he invent the Uzi automatic weapon? Surprisingly, no. Hitman was an Israeli singer who died in 2004 at the age of 52.