1. More lousy weather moves through today, as rain and winds gusting to 40-50 miles per hour will blow through today. Advisories for wind and coastal flooding have been issued by the National Weather Service. Sunrise is 6:27 a.m., sunset is 4:36 p.m., and the high temperature reaches 45 degrees.
2. Thames Valley Sustainable Connections holds its annual meeting and networking event tonight at The Commoner. Visit between 6 p.m. and 8 p.m. to learn more about the organization’s efforts to establish a sustainable economy in the region.
3. The Parks and Recreation Commission holds its regular meeting at the Senior Center. If you want to raise an issue about New London’s parks, stop in at 7 p.m.
4. Take a look at gas prices and road conditions before you head out to work. The Commute section regularly updates with this information.
5. First Lady Eleanor Roosevelt, best known for her advocacy of human rights both during and after President Franklin D. Roosevelt’s time in office, died on this day in 1962 at the age of 78.