1. Today is expected to be cloudy with a 40% chance of showers. High of 58. Sunrise is at 7:11 a.m. and sunset is at 5:54 p.m.
2. It’s the last evening for the New London Art Students’ League fall classes, taking place at 147 State Street from 6:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. The one-time cost for these courses, led by Christopher Zhang, is $25.
3. Geronimo!, a band from Chicago, travels all the way to our fair city for a show at El N Gee tonight with help from local groups Ovlov, Totally Wrecked, and We Got Mouths. The show starts at 7 p.m., and admission is $3.
4. Both of these events were included on the New London Patch events calendar. It’s easy and free to give your own event more visibility here; head to the calendar to add your own.
5. Annie Edison Taylor became the first person to go over Niagara Falls in a barrel on this day in 1901. Taylor did the feat on her 63rd birthday and, upon being retrieved from the barrel, commented, “No one ought ever do that again.”