1. A good chance of showers in the morning, although they'll break up later in the day. The temperature peaks at 59 degrees. Sunrise is 6:54 a.m., sunset is 6:19 p.m.
2. The City Council makes another attempt to get a revised municipal budget and tax rate into place in a special meeting tonight at 7 p.m. at City Hall. The new budget is $41,384,459 and the tax rate is at 26.6, or a 5.1 percent increase over the current rate. Changes include debt refinancing and reductions to the Finance Department and New London Police Department budgets.
3. It’s the second to last chance to check out Sally Ryan’s series on New London history. The municipal historian has been looking at different periods in the life of the city at 7 p.m. on Tuesdays at the Public Library of New London. The lecture is free, but call the library to register in advance.
4. There’s a lot of history in the items that find their way to eBay. Every Tuesday at 5 p.m., eBay Tuesday takes a look at a listing related to the city and the background of the topic it features.
5. Tony Shalhoub, an actor best known for his roles on Wings and Monk, turns 59 today.