1. More unpleasant weather today, with on again off again rain and thunderstorms throughout the day. Sunrise is 6:19 a.m., sunset is 7:14 p.m. The temperature gets up to 76 degrees.
2. The Chamber of Commerce of Eastern Connecticut holds regular Business After Hours events around the region, and tonight this networking get-together . The event starts at 5:30 p.m. at . The cost is $15 for members and $25 for non-members, with an additional $5 cost for walk-ins.
3. Tonight is the first class of the . All mediums are open, and students will learn from master artist Christopher Zhang. People may join the entire eight-week course for $160 or pay a walk-in fee of $25 per class. The session begins at 6:30 p.m at 147 State Street.
4. Got any good photos or videos from your Labor Day weekend? Add them to the Pics and Clips section. If we really like one, it might even become the new cover photo for the New London Patch Facebook page!
5. Pan Am Flight 73 was hijacked on this day in 1986 in Karachi, Pakistan. Twenty Americans were killed in the attack, and five men were convicted in Pakistan in 1988. One hijacker was later captured by the FBI and sentenced to several life imprisonment terms, but the other four remain on the bureau’s Most Wanted Terrorists list after Pakistan reportedly released them from prison in 2008.