1. More melting snow today. The temperature peaks at 46 degrees during a mostly sunny day, and even the overnight low is above freezing at 34 degrees. Sunrise is 7:14 a.m., sunset is 4:37 p.m.
2. New London Landmarks holds a workshop tonight on Hodges Square neighborhood revitalization and landscaping tonight at 7 p.m. at the Polish American Veterans Club. All residents are welcome to share their ideas.
3. Live in the Post Hill area? The Post Hill Neighborhood Association posted in our events calendar to let us know that their monthly meeting is tonight. This starts at 6 p.m. at the Public Library of New London.
4. Got a photo or video from around town to share? Put it up in the Pics & Clips gallery.
5. Ernest Shackleton led a team to within 97 miles of the South Pole on this day in 1909, the farthest anyone had gotten toward this point at that time. The first mission to successfully reach the pole occurred in 1911.