1. Another nice sun and clouds mix, with a high temperature of 81 degrees and humidity point at 69 percent. Sunrise is 6:07 a.m., sunset is 7:34 p.m.
2. For all you shellfish enthusiasts out there, the has reopened a couple of beds in Waterford and East Lyme. Specifically, areas A and G in Jordan Cove and area A in the Niantic River, plus area E and approved areas in Niantic Bay.
3. Today’s entertainment at the Field of Greens Farmers Market is The NADINE Project. See this dance performance while shopping for local goods from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. on .
4. Sorry kids, those shorter days and cooler temperatures are just one of the signs that it’s getting closer to the start of the school year. Another sign? Our . Submit your best shot by Sept. 4 for a chance to win a $50 gift card.
5. It’s the bicentennial of the end of the Siege of Cadiz, a French effort to complete the conquest of the Andalusia region of Spain in the Peninsula War. The French abandoned the siege in 1812 after about two and a half years.