1. More heat today, as the high temperature reaches 84 degrees and the humidity gets to 67 percent during a partly cloudy day. Sunrise is 5:37 a.m., sunset is 8:13 p.m.
2. A…fictional band, on tour? That’s the curious premise of tonight’s visitors to the , as the band appearing in Hilary Weisman Graham’s young adult novel Reunited pays a visit at 2:30 p.m. This event includes a live performance, prizes, and more.
3. offers a few family events tonight. It’s family swim at the pool from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m., and a screen goes up on the beach at sunset for an evening movie. This week’s feature is Dolphin Tale.
4. Whether you want to send in a blog every week, every month, or whenever your schedule lets you, we always love to hear local voices on the site. If you’ve got something you want to share, submit your own blog.
5. Utah celebrates Pioneer Day today. This commemorates the arrival of Brigham Young and other Mormon settlers in the Great Salt Lake Valley in 1847.