1. Another gloomy day today, with plenty of clouds and occasional showers and rain extending intot the evening. There may even be a rumble of thunder during the day. The temperature hits an unseasonable 58 degrees and drops to 42 overnight. Sunrise is 7:04 a.m., sunset is 4:19 p.m.
2. Have you been to a concert at Connecticut College? Many of them are open to the public, including a percussion and new music performance starting at 7 p.m. Admission is $5, or $3 for students and seniors.
3. The Public Library of New London welcomes all sleuths to the Mystery Book Club, meeting at 6 p.m. tonight. The group is currently reading Jane Haddam’s Not A Creature Was Stirring. Or you can show up at 5 p.m. for a showing of The Muppet Christmas Carol.
4. How are the sports teams at the local high schools and colleges doing? Check out the New London sports roundup at 5 p.m., recapping the scores and records from the past week.
5. The first traffic signal was installed on this day in 1868. The gas-powered signal involved a revolving, hand-turned lantern with green and red signals at the corner of Bridge Street and New Palace Yard in London.