1. These warm temperatures mean a late season storm may be in the offing today. A windy, rainy day today with thunderstorms likely by evening. Sunrise is 7:05 a.m., sunset is 6:01 p.m., and the high temperature reaches 65 degrees.
2. Connecticut College airs a movie about last year’s Pacific earthquake and tsunami and their effect on Japan’s nuclear power sources. Fukushima 2011 will begin at 4:30 p.m. at the Blaustein Humanities Center and be followed by a discussion with the movie’s director.
3. Ten musical groups will take the stage tonight as Bean and Leaf participates in Daniel Pearl World Music Days concert. This series of events pays tribute to the journalist who was kidnapped and killed in Pakistan in 2002. The show runs from 7 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.
4. Interested in having Patch employees help out at a volunteer event? Check out the Volunteer section for more information.
5. Today is Mother Teresa Day, recognizing the Roman Catholic nun renowned for her humanitarian work. This is a national holiday in Albania, Mother Teresa’s home country.