1. Continuing perioidic showers today, but at least the winds are dying down. The high temperature is 44 degrees, the overnight low is 33. The sun comes up at 6:24 a.m. and sets at 5:39 p.m.
2. The Board of Education has a packed agenda for tonight’s meeting, which starts at 7 p.m. at the Science and Technology Magnet High School. Items include the goals and strategies of the district’s strategic operating plan, the district’s grade configuration, the job description for a network administrator, and materials related to a proposal to set New London up as an all magnet school district.
3. Lawrence & Memorial Hospital has started up elective angioplasty services, and today they hold a discussion on the procedure and heart health. This starts at 5:30 p.m. at the hospital’s Baker Auditorium.
4. You’re closing in on the weekend, so make sure you don’t get chewed out for being late. Check out the Commute section for information on traffic and gas prices.
5. Henry James, the author best known for literary realist works such as The American and The Turn of the Screw, died on this day in 1916 at the age of 72.