1. More snowmelt is likely during the day as temperatures reach 38 degrees and the sun is out. But the forecast also calls for rain to turn to snow overnight, adding one to three inches to what the nor'easter brought us. Sunrise is 6:45 a.m., sunset is 5:20 p.m.
2. Landscape architects who have been looking over the features of Riverside Park and taking community input on their visions for the site present their proposed plan for the park tonight at a forum hosted by New London Landmarks. This starts at 6:30 p.m. at the Winthrop School.
3. Registration for Little League and softball will be held at 6 p.m. at the St. Joseph School. The teams are open to children ages four to 16 and the cost is $25 for T-ball and $75 for an individual player, with other payment options for registering multiple children.
4. Check out some of the featured events coming up in the next week every Wednesday with This Week In New London, a partnership with New London Main Street. The column posts at 3 p.m.
5. It’s World Radio Day, which promotes the importance of radio as a means of communication and international cooperation. The recognition was proclaimed by the United Nations in 2011.