1. A good chance that the overcast morning brings some showers with it, but "ample sunshine" breaks through in the afternoon. The high temperature reaches 56 degrees while the evening low plummets to 28 degrees. Sunrise is 6:59 a.m., sunset is 4:19 p.m.
2. Hygienic Art holds its first planning meeting for next month’s annual downtown arts festival. If you want to help set up Hygienic Art XXXIV or have some ideas or promotional art you want to share, stop in at the gallery at 7 p.m.
3. The Parks and Recreation Commission holds its regular meetings on the first Wednesday of each month, so if you have any questions or concerns about New London’s parks now’s your chance to have them answered. The meeting starts at 7 p.m. at the Senior Center.
4. Think your holiday light display rivals the best in the nation? Be sure to enter the Deck the House competition. You could win $100,000 for the New London Public Schools.
5. Claude Monet, the French painter renowned for his impressionism works, died on this day in 1926. He was 86 years old.