1. Cloudy with a good chance of a rain/snow mix later in the day, with strong winds and periods of rain overnight. Sunrise is 7:13 a.m., sunset is 4:25 p.m. The temperature is steady, peaking at 39 degrees and bottoming out at 37 degrees.
2. Five days left to check out A Miniature Show at The Gallery at Firehouse Square. The gallery let us know about this exhibit on the announcements page, and it closes up at the end of the year.
3. The Salvation Army has let us know that Wednesday is Family Day at the Salvation Army Thrift Store. Sales and markdowns will be going on throughout the day.
4. I’m on vacation, which means no This Week in New London this time around. Sorry, folks.
5. Today is Boxing Day, but that doesn’t necessarily mean you have to visit Heavy Hitters USA. This is a post-Christmas celebration held in several British Commonwealth countries with traditions including donating gifts to the needy and doing some Black Friday caliber shopping.