1. Warmer today but still wintry, with sunny skies and a high temperature of 30 degrees. Sunrise is 7:04 a.m., sunset is 4:59 p.m.; the overnight low is 19 degrees.
2. A Children’s Choir Festival, featuring youth singers from around the region, will come to the Second Congregational Church this afternoon. The show starts at 4 p.m.
3. Registration for spring softball and baseball is open today. If you have an interested child between the age of four and 16, stop into the Bennie Dover Jackson Middle School between 2 p.m. and 6 p.m.
4. What does your snow shoveling habit say about you? I’m no expert, but I give a walker’s point of view in this week’s column of The Skrimshander Articles, posting at noon.
5. Say, when’s Argo coming out on DVD? It’s the 33rd anniversary of the success of the “Canadian caper,” in which six American diplomats were spirited out of Iran during the hostage crisis at the U.S. embassy. This was accomplished by having the diplomats pose as a film crew scouting locations for a sci-fi movie in Tehran, which ultimately allowed them to fly out of the country with forged Canadian passports.