1. Not the best day for outdoorsy things today, as clouds keep the temperature down to a 65 degree high and there's a 60 percent chance that showers will pop up during the day. Sunrise is 5:15 a.m., sunset is 8:23 p.m.
2. kicks off their Summer Teen Employment Program tonight at 4 p.m. at the . Good luck to everyone taking part in this!
3. Time’s running out for your chance to check out the view from the top of New London Harbor Light. The offers tours at 1 p.m. and 3 p.m. on Wednesdays through June, with a suggested donation of $35 for adults and $15 for students ages 8 to 14. Proceeds benefit the restoration of the lighthouse. For more information, contact the Custom House.
4. Two contests are wrapping this week, and we’re looking for your votes. The contest to award the city’s number one dog tag ends on Thursday, while entries to the must be received by noon on Friday. You choose the winner, so be support your favorite!
5. It’s the 60th anniversary of the Catalina Affair, in which the Swedish government said Soviet MiGs shot down an unarmed military plane over the international waters of the Baltic Sea. The Soviet government claimed that the plane entered Soviet airspace and refused to land as ordered.