1. Partly cloudy throughout the day and colder, with a high of 37 degrees and overnight low of 22 degrees. Sunrise is 7:01 a.m., sunset is 6:54 p.m.
2. The Board of Education meets tonight to take a vote on the budget recommendation for the 2013-2014 school year and discuss the proposed Renzulli Academy model for gifted students. The meeting starts at 7 p.m. at the Science and Technology Magnet High School.
3. Have something to say about your water or sewer rates? The Water and Water Pollution Control Authority discusses their proposed budget for these areas for the 2014 fiscal year starting at 6:30 p.m. at the Senior Center.
4. New London Tube takes a look at interesting scenes from around New London that have been posted on YouTube. This column posts at 5 p.m. on Thursdays.
5. One of the most profitable oil gushers in the United States was discovered on this day in 1910 at Maricopa, Calif. The Lakeview Gusher produced 18,000 barrels of oil the next day.