1. There's a continued threat of scattered storms throughout the day, although the probability remains at 30 to 40 percent. Sunrise is 5:40 a.m., sunset is 8:09 p.m. The high temperature reaches 81 degrees while the daytime humidity hits 77 percent.
2. Who doesn’t love a little history and baseball? You can tour the and its grounds with “Miss Perkins” from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. And starting at 11 a.m., a vintage baseball game with 1860s rules gets going at .
3. There are a few chances to enjoy some artwork tonight. At , you can meet artist-in-residence Santos Arzu Quioto starting at 6 p.m. opens Tom Ryan’s “Urban Jungle” at the same time.
4. The polls are open for several categories in our . Make sure you get your vote in before August 17!
5. Ten years ago today, rescuers successfully extracted nine workers from 240 feet underground at the Quecreek coal mine in Pennsylvania. The miners were trapped by floodwaters for 77 hours.