1. More mild temperatures in today's mostly sunny weather, with a high of 42 degrees and overnight low of 34 degrees. And the sunrise is falling back as well, now at 7:14 a.m. Sunset is 4:36 p.m.
2. Tuesdays are terrific at the Public Library of New London. The “Terrific Tuesdays” event offers students a place to do their homework and get help with assignments, with board games available to play if they finish up early. Open to middle and high school students, this runs from 3 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.
3. The five-week indoor soccer season starts for the New London Soccer League tonight. Games at the Bennie Dover Jackson Middle School start at 6 p.m. for kindergartners and first graders, 7 p.m. for grades two and up. Registration is $20 for New London children and $30 for out-of-town kids, but there is no charge for anyone who took part in the fall season.
4. Find out more about what pieces of New London history and memorabilia are up for sale with eBay Tuesday. This column posts each week at 5 p.m.
5. English musician David Bowie, also known for a memorable acting role in Labyrinth, turns 66 today.