1. Clouds and a scattered thunderstorms and showers today, with a high temperature of 71 degrees. Sunrise is 6:48 a.m., sunset is 6:26 p.m.
2. The “In The Pink” art opening is tonight at 5:30 p.m. in the Atrium at 165 State Street. The annual show, which runs until 8 p.m., focuses on breast cancer awareness and will also include art exhibits in nearby galleries, book signings, door prizes, music, and more.
3. The regular Parks and Recreation Commission meeting takes place tonight at 7 p.m. at the Senior Center. Stop by if you’re interested in the issues related to New London’s parks.
4. The leaves are starting to change, the pumpkins are ripening, and the Halloween decorations are going up. Go to the Pics & Clips gallery to share your best seasonal photos from around town.
5. It’s the 19th anniversary of the conflict known as the Battle of Mogadishu. Eighteen American troops were killed and 84 wounded while thousands of Somalis died in fierce fighting during an American attempt to capture Somali warlord Mohamed Farrah Aidid.