1. Sunshine and a little warmer today, as the high temperature hits 51 degrees. Sunrise is 6:38 a.m., sunset is 4:27 p.m.
2. Hoot for Hunger is back! Seventeen musicians or bands take the stage for 10-minute sets tonight from 7 p.m. to 10 p.m. at the Bulkeley House Saloon. All proceeds from the event will benefit the New London Community Meal Center.
3. St. Sophia Hellenic Orthodox Church hosts a regular support group for divorced or separated men. This meets tonight at 7 p.m.
4. There are plenty of other groups to check out this weekend and beyond when it comes to New London’s music scene. Get the roundup every Friday when The Sounds of New London posts at 5 p.m.
5. The Mauretania, a Cunard passenger liner and sister ship to the ill-fated Lusitania, made its maiden voyage from Liverpool to New York on this day in 1907. The Mauretania held the speed record for the Atlantic crossing for 20 years and was ultimately scrapped in 1935.