1. A partly cloudy day and a very small chance of flurries today, with cooler temperatures as the high just breaks freezing at 34 degrees. Sunrise is 6:36 a.m. and sunset is 5:29 p.m., with an overnight low of 22 degrees.
2. Little League softball and baseball signups run from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. at the Martin Center and are open to children ages four to 16. Volunteers are also needed for coaching, running the concession stand, and other adult roles.
3. The “Shared Memories” exhibit at the Provenance Center is in its final days, with the guided curatorial discussions from 4 p.m. to 5 p.m. today through Friday. These talks will be led by Migdalia Salas and Mark McKee.
4. Find out what attractions are coming up in New London in a variety of areas with This Week in New London. A partnership with New London Main Street, this column posts each Wednesday at 3 p.m.
5. Today in weird holidays: it’s Hoodie Hoo Day. If you’ve had enough of winter, go outside and shout out, “Hoodie Hoo!” at noon today. The idea is to scare the cold away and help spring get here sooner.