1. The weather clears up for a partly sunny, cooler day today. Sunrise is 5:34 a.m., sunset is 8:15 p.m. The high temperature hits 76 degrees, and the daytime humidity tops out at 59 percent.
2. is in its seventh year on the New London waterfront. Visit between 11 a.m. and 4 p.m. to see visiting boats, entertainers, children’s authors, and more.
3. Check out the galleries around town tonight for New London Art Night. From 5 p.m. to 8 p.m., you can take in the latest exhibits.
4. Two of these galleries have put their shows up on our events calendar. You can add your own events by going to the main page and clicking “Add an event” to fill out a form.
5. It’s the 139th anniversary of a crime which…well, you don’t really see much of anymore. Jesse James and his gang pulled off the first successful train robbery in the American West on this day in 1873, derailing and robbing a train near Adair, Iowa.