1. The march into winter takes a break today as it suddenly heats up to 52 degrees during a sunny day. Sunrise is 6:31 a.m., sunset is 4:33 p.m.
2. Do you have some returnable bottles or cans you’re looking to turn in? Drop them off from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. at All Souls Unitarian Universalist Church today. The redemptions will benefit Safe Futures.
3. The Pacific Street Artists Guild is debuting a holiday exhibit with an art opening tonight. This will run from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. at 11 Pacific Street.
4. A Montauk Ave. storefront is vacant after the departure of a barbecue restaurant this summer. What would you like to see in this location? Share your thoughts when Fill The Spot posts at noon.
5. The United States Marine Corps was founded on this day in 1775 after the Continental Congress met at Tun Tavern in Philadelphia and resolved to form two battalions to fight for independence at sea and on shore.