1. A cloudy day with a good chance of scattered thunderstorms. High temperature reaches 78 degrees, humidity point gets up to 80 percent. The sun rises at 5:58 a.m. and sets at 7:47 p.m.
2. The downtown Open House benefit is in full swing and continuing through Sunday. At participating businesses, a portion of your purchase will go toward the New London Education Fund of the .
3. A Steve Martin classic is ’s pick for the latest showing in their Summer Flickers outdoor movie series. The Jerk begins at 8 p.m.; the film series is free, but there is a suggested donation at the gate.
4. A summary of other upcoming events and attractions in New London posts every Wednesday. Check out a collaboration with , at 3 p.m.
5. Today in unofficial holidays, it’s National Relaxation Day. Take the time to kick back, but be careful not to let your boss catch you. It’s also National Failures Day, after all.