1. Well, Tuesday's forecast wasn't very accurate, as that may have been one of the nicest days of the summer. So we'll see how close to the mark the National Weather Service gets with today's: " A slight chance of showers between 10am and 11am, then a chance of showers and thunderstorms after 11am. Partly sunny, with a high near 78. West wind between 11 and 15 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%."
2. is holding registration for its upcoming season tonight at 6 p.m. at . Today is the last day to get a $10 discount.
3. Be sure to corner the market on those triple word scores. Scrabble Night comes to the each Wednesday at 5 p.m.
4. I’m on vacation this week, so a couple of regular features are going to be on hiatus. , which usually posts Wednesdays at 3 p.m., will not run today but will return next week.
5. Germany celebrates Siebenschläfertag, or Seven Sleepers’ Day, today. It’s somewhat like Groundhog Day, following an old country rhyme to predict the next seven weeks of weather.