1. Scattered showers possible throughout the day, and some might bring some thunder as well. Sunrise is 6:03 a.m., sunset is 7:40 p.m. The high temperature reaches 75 degrees while the humidity gets up to 67 percent.
2. A proposed mooring field proposed at Columbia Cove by River Bank Construction, the replacement of vehicles in the , repairs and upgrades to , and a radio agreement with Waterford are among the items on the agenda at tonight’s meeting. This starts at 7 p.m. at and is preceded by meetings of the and .
3. The has a today for members ages 55 and older. This runs weekly at 9 a.m.
4. Wondering what’s going on locally in the 2012 elections? Check out the elections tab for a roundup of the latest stories.
5. Lou Gehrig hit his 23rd career grand slam on this day in 1938, bringing in four runs in the first inning to help the New York Yankees defeat the Philadelphia Phillies 11-3. Gehrig has held the Major League Baseball grand slam record ever since, but another Yankee—Alex Rodriguez—tied it last month in a 6-4 victory over the Atlanta Braves.