1. A good chance of thundershowers in the morning, developing into sustained rain and storms in the evening. Sunrise is 6:18 a.m., sunset is 8:16 p.m. The high temperature hits 76 degrees, while humidity gets up to 86 percent.
2. The kicks off city government meetings tonight at 5 p.m. with a discussion on the state of the city’s finances, among other things. This is followed by a meeting on a at 5:45 p.m. and a 6:15 p.m. meeting of the . The meeting convenes at 7 p.m. and includes an ordinance amending water and sewer charges and various funds transfers and appropriations. All meetings take place at .
3. The has their regular meeting at 6:30 p.m. tonight at the . The committee will field complaints and address other issues.
4. We’ve gotten some pretty moving blogs in the past week. Check out and . You can share your own story in the Local Voices section.
5. Google is at that moody adolescent age. The company was founded 14 years ago today (in a garage, what else?) by Stanford University students Larry Page and Sergey Brin.