1. Some last minute summer weather today, as the high temperature hits 70 degrees and humidity is up to 70 percent. The sun is up from 6:35 a.m. to 6:46 p.m.
2. You’ll have to read this pretty early, but if you want to learn more about health care and business and get a breakfast to boot, head to the Holiday Inn on Gov. Winthrop Blvd. at 7:45 a.m. for a business breakfast sponsored by the Chamber of Commerce of Eastern Connecticut. In addition to the $5 walk-in fee, it’s $17 for members and $25 for non-members.
3. The Garde Arts Center begins its new season tonight with a performance by the Tigran Hamasyan Trio. The show starts at 8 p.m., and admission is $38.
4. Wondering what other musical performances are taking place in the coming week? I share all I could dig up in The Sounds of New London, posting at 5 p.m. every Friday.
5. New London’s perpetual menace, Benedict Arnold, committed treason on this day in 1780. Arnold met with British Major John André to give him the plans for the fortifications at West Point. André was captured before he could deliver the plans and hanged, an action partly motivated by the hanging of New London spy Nathan Hale.