1. Partly cloudy through the day, but it remains fairly warm with a 60 degree high. Sunrise is 7:03 a.m., sunset is 6:04 p.m.
2. New London Main Street’s Fall Food Stroll returns tonight. A variety of restaurants will be offering samples around downtown between 5:30 p.m. and 8:30 p.m. You can still buy a button at the organization’s office today; the cost is $30 or $25 for students and military.
3. The Connecticut College faculty offers an “Autumn Sampler” concert with performances by the school’s concert and jazz bands. The show starts at 7 p.m. at the Cummings Arts Center, and admission is $5 or $3 for seniors and students.
4. The Pics & Clips section could use some love, especially with all this beautiful fall scenery. If you’d like to share a picture or video you took in town, upload it here.
5. Some pretty musical birthdays today. Ziggy Marley turns 44, Wyclef Jean 43, and Eminem 40.