1. Be careful on the roads today. Light snow showers become steadier later in the day and some rain might mix in as well, although only a slight accumulation is expected. The temperature reaches 38 degrees and drops to 28 degrees during the evening, with sunrise at 6:51 a.m. and sunset at 4:21 p.m.
2. The New London Food Pantry takes food donations during the same time as its regular distribution hours, which include a 10 a.m. to noon period today and Thursday. The pantry is also open Mondays from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m.
3. Perhaps I spoke too soon about the Board of Ethics in yesterday’s Daily Five. Although the call for members is still open, the board is meeting at 6 p.m. tonight at the Public Library of New London for a regular meeting and review of a Freedom of Information Act request.
4. New London Patch and the other sites in this region are going to get a different look next month. Find out more and see what the new features will look like at this article.
5. Eugene O’Neill, a New London resident and Nobel Prize-winning author of plays including The Iceman Cometh and Ah! Wilderness, died on this day in 1953 at the age of 65.