1. The Labor Day weekend gets off to a pleasant and partly cloudy start, with a high temperature of 80 degrees and humidity high point of 59 percent. Sun is up at 6:15 a.m. and down at 7:21 p.m.
2. Why not kick off Labor Day weekend with a lighthouse tour? is in its last weekend, and you might still be able to get a ticket for one of the New London Harbor Light or “Three Sisters” tours. Departures from the are 11 a.m., 1:30 p.m., and 3 p.m. for the former and 2 p.m. and 4 p.m. for the latter.
3. The opens a new exhibit by Debora Aldo tonight. The reception for runs from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m.
4. The third annual comes to from noon to 3 p.m. Learn more about bike safety and repair, as well as the local organization Bike New London, with demonstrations and vendors.
5. It’s the 40th anniversary of the conclusion of a match in Reykjavik, Iceland, that made Bobby Fischer the world chess champion. Fischer won seven games, drew 11 games, and lost three games against Russian player Boris Spassky.