1. The clouds finally move on out, as the forecast calls for a sunny day and clear evening. High temperature is 47 degrees, low is 31. The sun rises at 7:10 a.m. and sets at 4:21 p.m.
2. The New London Film Commission holds a regular meeting at 4 p.m. today. If you’re interested in finding out more about this group, which promotes the use of southeastern Connecticut as a feature film location, head over to Hanafin’s Irish Pub at that time.
3. Looking for that last minute Christmas gift? TDP Art Studio has a wine glass painting activity with a Christmas/Santa theme, starting at 7 p.m. The event is open to people 17 and older, and all supplies are provided; the cost is $35.
4. For other ways to shop local, check out the New London Patch directory. If you own a business, be sure to claim it!
5. The United States government restored federal recognition to the Nottawaseppi Huron Band of the Pottawatomi, a tribe in the Michigan area, on this day in 1995.