1. Hopefully you enjoyed your extra hour of sleep and aren’t too bummed by Daylight Savings Time knocking sunset back into the afternoon hours. Sunset slips back to 4:39 p.m. after a 6:24 a.m. sunrise. A mostly sunny day with a high of 51 degrees and an overnight low just hitting the freezing point.
2. It’s the last day of Fiddleheads Food Co-op’s grand reopening. The store has special sales and promotions to celebrate recent renovations at the store.
3. The Connecticut College Chamber Choir is holding a concert this afternoon to honor Professor Paul Althouse, who is retiring at the end of the year after a 42-year career at the college. The concert starts at 4 p.m. at Harkness Chapel.
4. More Hurricane Sandy delays today. Fay’s regular cooking column will still post at 2 p.m., but Pets of the Week will have to wait until next week.
5. Sir Charles Kuen Kao, a Chinese physicist who was awarded the 2009 Nobel Prize in Physics for his work with fiber-optic technology, turns 79 today.