1. Showers might bookend the day today, with a 30 to 40 percent chance of precipitation in the morning and evening. The rest of the day is partly cloudy, with a high temperature of 80 degrees. Sunrise is 5:32 a.m., sunset is 8:17 p.m.
2. The Renaissance City Development Association holds a today for updates on Fort Trumbull and House New London. This meeting will take place at the Fort Trumbull State Park visitors center at 11:30 a.m.
3. The will discuss amending the city’s zoning regulations regarding both common household pets and hens. The meeting starts at 7 p.m. at .
4. Which of the downtown murals is your favorite? These pieces of art are the focus of today’s , which posts every 5 p.m. and features a YouTube video highlighting New London.
5. Robert Todd Lincoln Beckwith, the last direct descendant of President Abraham Lincoln, was born on this day in 1904. Beckwith was the grandson of Robert Todd Lincoln, the only one of Lincoln’s four children to live to adulthood. Beckwith was childless when he died in 1985, ending the former president’s family line.