1. Sunshine returns along with some warmth as temperatures reach 50 degrees. Sunrise is 6:30 a.m., sunset is 4:34 p.m.
2. The Rink at Parade Plaza is once again open for business. Regular hours for the attraction, run by New London Main Street, begin at 3 p.m. today; the skating rink is open until 9 p.m. Admission is $5 or $3 for children under 12, and skate rentals are $4.
3. John Waters comes to New London tonight for a one-man vaudeville show entitled “This Filthy World.” The remaining seats are going for $44 to $54, while a $100 VIP ticket helps support Alliance for Living and gives you a chance to meet Waters at a post-show reception. The performance starts at 7:30 p.m. at the Garde Arts Center.
4. Looking to save a little money on the next grocery bill? Visit the Grocery Specials section to see what’s on sale locally.
5. Elijah Lovejoy, a prominent abolitionist, was born on this day in 1802. Lovejoy was killed two days before his 35th birthday while trying to defend his printing press in Illinois from attackers.