1. Fairly warm temperatures are on tap from now through the Thanksgiving weekend, with a high of 52 degrees today and overnight low of 37 degrees. Sunrise is 6:42 a.m., sunset is 4:25 p.m. Partly cloudy skies become mostly clear tonight.
2. The City Council meeting at 7 p.m. tonight includes the purchase of two snow plows, discussion of transit service in southeastern Connecticut, and emergency repairs to the boiler at Bennie Dover Jackson Middle School. The Finance Committee also meets at City Hall at 6 p.m. for initial discussion on the middle school boiler and roof repairs, while the Public Safety Committee holds a 5 p.m. discussion on downtown policing.
3. All Souls Unitarian Universalist Congregation delayed their screening of Edy and Thea due to Hurricane Sandy. The church is showing the film at 7 p.m. tonight.
4. Wondering how your drive to work is going to be? Check the Commute section for information on traffic conditions and gas prices.
5. Quentin Roosevelt, President Theodore Roosevelt’s youngest son, was born on this day in 1897. He was killed in action at the age of 20 while serving as a pilot in World War I.