1. Mostly cloudy today, and completely overcast in the evening. But it's pretty warm, with a high temperature of 47 degrees and overnight low of 41. Sunrise is 7:07 a.m., sunset is 6:51 p.m.
2. Three committees of the City Council are meeting tonight. The Administration Committee meets at 5 p.m. at the City Hall, with the agenda including appointments to boards and agencies and alleged mishandling of the defined pension plan. The follows at 6 p.m. with discussion of a proposed playscape transfer to Riverside Park. At 7 p.m., the Public Works Committee discusses the status of the New London Animal Control facility as well as Ocean Beach Park.
3. The Public Library of New London holds a “Books to Movies Night” with a screening of Tim Burton’s adaptation of Lewis Carroll’s Alice in Wonderland. The film starts at 5 p.m.
4. Get an update on how New London’s high schools and colleges are doing in their athletic programs with the New London Sports Roundup. This posts at 5 p.m. every Monday.
5. Douglas Adams, author of the Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy series, was born on this day in 1952. Adams died in 2001 at the age of 49.