1. Intermittent clouds and sun today, with a high temperature of 81 degrees and humidity maxing out at 63 percent. Sunrise is 5:27 a.m., sunset is 8:21 p.m.
2. Who doesn’t love a good fireworks display? sends one up this evening, bringing in The Cartels Band to entertain you while you wait for night to fall. The display is free, but there’s a $5 fee if you’re parking your car.
3. The Field of Greens Farmers Market continues its midday visit to through the summer. Get some locally grown food, homemade products, and more between 10 a.m. and 1 p.m.
4. I’m thrilled with the number of events and announcements that I see posted each day. Just fill out a simple form and you can let people know what’s going on in the community. Feel free to e-mail me if you’d like it cross-posted to other sites in the region.
5. On this day in 1919, the British airship R34 became the first aircraft to fly across the Atlantic Ocean and back. The R34 departed England on July 2, journeyed to Long Island, and safely touched down again in Norfolk.