1. Sunshine returns with cooler temperatures, peaking at 49 degrees. Sunrise is 6:36 a.m., sunset is 4:29 p.m.
2. Connecticut Secretary of State Denise Merrill visits New London tonight to discuss election results in Connecticut and the electoral process as a whole. The chat begins at 7 p.m. at the All Souls Unitarian Universalist Congregation.
3. Wondering how you can use social media to boost your business? The Chamber of Commerce of Eastern Connecticut hosts a luncheon on this topic today at noon. Visit their event listing for more information.
4. It’s easy to post your own events as well. Head over to the events page and click on “Add an Event” to post one of your own.
5. It’s the 21st recognition of World Diabetes Day, which was started by the International Diabetes Federation and World Health Organization in response to rising diabetes rates around the world.