1. Snow showers developing in the afternoon and lingering into the night, with a high temperature of 31 degrees and a low of 21 degrees. Sunrise is 7:09 a.m., sunset is 4:51 p.m.
2. If you have the holiday off and want to celebrate it, a march will proceed from outside the New London Superior Court to Shiloh Baptist Church for a special service this morning. This begins at 10 a.m.
3. Martin Luther King Jr. Day also means the regular offices are closed today. The City Council meeting that would normally take place today has been bumped to tomorrow.
4. Want to share an event on the site? You don’t need to ask me to do it. Head to the events page, click “Add an Event,” and fill out the simple form.
5. We have two years to get flying cars, if Back to the Future II is to be believed. When it comes to DeLoreans, well, we’ve had those for 22 years as of today. The first of the iconic gull-winged cars rolled off a Northern Ireland assembly line in 1981, but only about 9,200 were produced before the line ceased the next year.