1. How do you spell perfect? This way: "Mostly sunny, with a high near 81. West wind between 8 and 10 mph." (From the National Weather Service.)
2. The of the Friends of Fort Trumbull takes place tonight. Fred Vollono will give a presentation on the Civil War at 7 p.m. at the conference center of .
3. ’s production of returns for a final run tonight, starting at 7 p.m. The play takes place at the Arboretum, and tickets are $15 for adults and $12 for students and seniors.
4. What photos and videos have you taken around town? Share them with us in the Pics & Clips section.
5. On this day in 1776, American troops successfully defended Sullivan’s Island in Charleston, S.C., from a British fleet. In one of the stranger parts of the battle, the defenders sailed out to a ship abandoned and set ablaze by the British and used its guns to briefly fire upon the retreating fleet.