1. It’s time again for Daylight Savings Time, so don’t forget to turn your clocks back an hour before 2 a.m. Sunday. Sunrise is 7:23 a.m. and kicks off a partly sunny day with a high temperature of 52 degrees; sunset is 5:41 p.m.
2. Connecticut College is holding a conference today to discuss Connecticut’s role in the War of 1812. This runs from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. at the Blaustein Humanities Center.
3. The First Baptist Church of New London has a harvest fair running from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. today. Browse some of the goods for sale, grab a lunch, and meet some new people. The Second Congregational Church is also holding a holiday bazaar from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
4. As happens so often, these were events that I saw had been posted directly onto this site’s events calendar. It’s a free, easy process and helps promote what you have going on. Head to the events page to add your own happenings.
5. Today marked the election in 1964 when Washington, D.C. residents were finally able to cast a vote in the presidential race. Residents in the capital were not allowed to vote in presidential elections because the district is under congressional jurisdiction and not a state, but the 23rd Amendment in 1961 extended voting rights to these citizens.